Re: [OT] OS Design Book Recommendations

On 20030425T105530+0200, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> I personally dislike Modern Operating Systems, I've read it and I didn't
> enjoy it. The last  version of the book is much  less tecnichal than the
> previous one,  the so called  Operating Systems.  To give you  the idea,
> Modern Operating  Systems doesn't talk  about Minix any more,  you don't
> see a line of code, but it's  full of "vaporware" about usb, windows and
> other things.

You seem to be confusing two books.  One is Modern Operating Systems and
the other is Operating Systems: Design and Implementation.  In the words
of their author, the first is hands-off, the second is hands-on.  They
are different books: MOS 1st ed was published around the same time as
OSDI.

  Taiteellisen ohjelmoinnin ystävien seura Toys - Ohjelmointi on myös taidetta
                         http://www.cc.jyu.fi/yhd/toys/