A question about the application process

I filled out the application to become a debian developer last night. I
have everything done I need to accept for the gpg key signing which is
taking some time do to the fact that the debian developers in my area
aren't really close to me, and I'm legally blind so don't have the ability
to drive at all, and traveling long distences costs money which I really
don't have much of.

My question is this. I tried submitting the application with out the gpg
key info to go ahead and get that part going as my sponsor/advocate
suggested, but the application thing came back saying "there was an error
processing my application" My question is, did it go threw or not? I
really can't tell by that message. Or do I need to have the gpg key signed
as well before I fill out the application?
Thanks
Deedra