Re: mozgest packages

On Thursday 17 April 2003 19:48, Celso González wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to package the enigmail and enigmime mozilla plugins and
> I have seen that almost every mozilla related package is based on a
> precompiled xpi.
> Normally the debian package unzip the xpi and install evrything
>
> Usually these xpis are based in a c or c++ sources that are compiled
> using a mozilla build tree.

I guess you're talking about the few extensions i package, and none of these
are c or c++ based. For these packages, the XPI is only a zip archive
containing XUL, JS and DTD files (sometimes bundled in a jar file) + an
install.js file used by mozilla to get stuff installed.

> There is a package (mozilla-dev) that provides several utilities to
> compile this plugins without a mozilla build tree.
>
> I think the right way to generate the debian packages is using the
> sources not the xpi ¿is the right way or i'm wrong and the unzip of xpis
> is a good solution?

My latest packages now use an unzipped form of the xpi file (see tabextensions
or ctxextensions). I am about to release tools to convert xpi files to debian
packages, see bug #131404.

--
Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org>
"This will go a long way towards the war on terror. Terrorists won't be able