Re: mozgest packages

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:54:40PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Joe Barnett <sanchezthecactus@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > I've put together a package for optimoz's mouse gestures for mozilla (mozgest)
> > based on the packages for diggler and tabextensions.
> >
> > the package (mozgest) is available at
> >
> > deb http://sweeze.stanford.edu/mozgest ./
> >
> > what can I do with this package now to make it useful for others?
>
> Normally, you would file an intent-to-package "bug" and find a sponsor
> to upload the package for you, but someone has already beat you to it:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/189362

Hi, i'm trying to package the enigmail and enigmime mozilla plugins and
I have seen that almost every mozilla related package is based on a
precompiled xpi.
Normally the debian package unzip the xpi and install evrything

Usually these xpis are based in a c or c++ sources that are compiled
using a mozilla build tree.

There is a package (mozilla-dev) that provides several utilities to
compile this plugins without a mozilla build tree.

I think the right way to generate the debian packages is using the
sources not the xpi ¿is the right way or i'm wrong and the unzip of xpis
is a good solution?

Best regards