Re: NM's to fix bugs?

Andreas Barth <aba-debian@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> * Andreas Metzler (ametzler@logic.univie.ac.at) [030414 16:20]:
>> Andreas Barth <aba-debian@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>> [Bugs]
>> > Well, and (for me) more importantly: I've send patches for different
>> > bugs, asked for more information from the bug submitter and so on
>> > (about two weeks ago) for two different packages. No reaction from
>> > either maintainer nor any bug submitter.

s/two weeks/ten days/

>> Could you tell us which bugs?

> One patch for mgetty and one for netbase:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=53733 netbase
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=72269 mgetty

The latter one (documentation update) does not justify an upload. And
netbase is tricky - most of the bugs are about update-inetd which nobody
is brave enough to touch in its current state, there are rumours that a
big rewrite is on its way.

[...]
> But that doesn't prevent me from not liking the non-reaction.
[...]
> I plan to wait for about four more weeks and then try to get the fixes
> included, if nothing else helps with a NMU. Is this appropriate?

for mgetty, see above - #72269 should be wishlist and does not justify a
NMU.

Netbase OTOH could use a little cleanup, it should be easy to provide a
patch that fixes at least ten bugs, #53733 #109498 #175505, #175510, #175684,
#177706,...

If this was done properly (minimal changes, don't fix anything that is
not broken, etc.) I am sure that either the package maintainer would
make an upload or you'd find a sponsor (me?).
                      cu andreas