Re: NM's to fix bugs? (Was: Asking for an advocate (gURLChecker))

* Jarno Elonen (elonen@iki.fi) [030412 11:20]:
> > unless they can give some demonstration that they're into more than just
> > making packages.  Fixing bugs, for instance.

> This advice is quite usual on this list. I think there are a few reasons why
> it's not as common thing for non-DDs to do as it maybe could be:

Well, and (for me) more importantly: I've send patches for different
bugs, asked for more information from the bug submitter and so on
(about two weeks ago) for two different packages. No reaction from
either maintainer nor any bug submitter. Well, now it's the question
for me how long to wait until trying a NMU (and that would be really
difficult for a non-maintainer).

It's sometimes difficult to fix a bug. But it's often more difficult
if you can't apply your fix.

Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/
   Fachbegriffe des Schienenverkehrs #1         von Marc Haber in dasr