Re: RFS: playmidi

Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I'm looking for a sponsor for playmidi.
>
> I've fixed some of the reported bugs and applied an extra patch or two of my
> own. The diff and dsc files aren't available for download but I'll send them
> to anybody who's interested in sponsorship.

Are you planning to adopt playmidi?  If so, you will really need to take
over as upstream as well, since it appears to be quite dead.  Otherwise,
it would probably be best to just remove playmidi from the archive.

> I've also considered splitting the package (ref. bug 28471), but I'm
> not sure that the hassle of doing this is worth the gain wrt
> dependencies: the main problem is in moving ownership of the debconf
> configuration data to another package. There's some
> pre-debconf-handling cruft there too which I'm cautious about removing
> because it postdates potato - or would it be better to just forget
> that question and ask afresh?

Debconf usage is definitely preferable to "manually" asking questions in
the maintainer scripts.  However, splitting an already small package
into even smaller pieces is discouraged; the ftp-masters will likely
reject it.  Also, note that svgalib is very much dead.

--
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.