Re: NM's to fix bugs? (Was: Asking for an advocate (gURLChecker))

> Pointing someone at a package they're not interested in won't work, either,
> though.  Dunno what the solution is, but surely every prospective DD can
> find enough packages they use on a regular basis and find bugs in them?

I currently have 1104 packages installed maybe 15 on which I'm even somewhat
passionate about. It doesn't mean that if an "invisible" packages like bash,
bison, some libraries etc. fail, I wouldn't care.

Since stable base packages (in addition to effective developmen tools!) are
the most important factor in making a stable OS, it would be good to have
more work concentrated on them.

Maybe some semi-automatic (eh..) list of priorized packages would help?
Something like:

  package-use-frequency * (num_of_grave_bugs*1.0 + num_of_critical_bugs*0.5)
  * number of dependencies/2 + subjective_bias_from_DD_vote_or_something

- Jarno