Re: package does not build everywhere due to midding header -- help sought

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 04:32:56PM +0200, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> In previous versions of ulog-acctd, I solved the problem by shipping
> ipt_ULOG.h in the .diff, but my AM Andrew Suffield told me that this
> is an ugly hack -- and I really have to agree.

A slightly more elegant way is to bdep on dpatch (>= 1.11) and provide
the ipt_ULOG.h patch in an architecture-specific patch.

That is:

00list (architecture independent list of patches):
01_foo_fix
02_bar_repair
03_baz_spazz

00list.m68k:
04_provide_missing_ipt_ULOG.h

00list.arm:
04_provide_missing_ipt_ULOG.h

meaning that the 04 patch is always sitting around in debian/patches, but
only applied on arm and m68k.

I don't think I'm making too much sense, read README for dpatch and it
will be a little clearer. Just a thought? I've been made into a staunch
dpatch user thanks to Madkiss...

-Josh

--
New PGP public key: 0x27AFC3EE