faqomatic bug handling question

Hi all,

   I am working on fixing my first bug in the package faqomatic, which
   I would like to adopt.  I have a few "how should this be handled"
   questions.

   The bug is #177890 and it basically reports that faqomatic, (a web
   based program for maintaining faq's) produces invalid HTML output.

   Faqomatic uses CGI.pm for output, this definately isn't Debian
   specific.  I assume this would be forwarded to the upstream
   faqomatic author?

   Also, the report, which looks to have been generated by reportbug,
   lists the package version as 2.717-0 but the available Debian
   versions are:

   stable  faqomatic 2.712-3
   testing  faqomatic 2.714-2
   unstable  faqomatic 2.714-3

   How can this be?  Could the reporter have been using a non-debian
   package?  Current upstream is 2.717.

   Version confusion asside, I tested the output from faqomatic
   running on my stable system with nsgmls and it did indead report
   some problems.  I also tried to validate the front page of the
   faqomatic main site, (running 2.717) and it to reported errors.

   I guess many of these questions should be directed to the reporter.
   I would also like to know which version of CGI.pm is installed on
   their machine.

Thanks for the help,
jereme

Jereme Corrado <jereme@restorative-management.com>