Re: prozgui - maintainer]

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 03:04, Breno wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

>   I'm interested in maintaining the orphaned package prozgui. It was
>   previously maintained by Kov (kov@debian.org) and, following his
>   advice, I belive I need a 'sponsor' before starting my work.
You don't need a sponsor to start reading the docs and writing your
package :)
Most people create their packages, requesting adivce on debian-mentors
if needed and then send a request for sponsor email giving details of
the package, urls to your packaging work of it (including sources), and
sometimes some general information about themselves such as why they
want to be a debian developer and how much involvement they have had so
far (e.g. had x,y and z packages uploaded by sponsors; helped on the
debian-installer project; closed 600 RC bugs...)

Actually, the last section is rarely seen in requests for sponsors, but
if you include it you're probably more likely to find an advokate easier
later on.

Good luck
--
  .''`. Mark Howard