Package Versioning question

Hello all,

I have a question about how to proceed.  I am considering packaging a
program, and it uses a nonstandard versioning scheme.  It ends up
looking like <package>-DR7.10.  dh_make doesn't parse this - this in
itself trivial to work around, but it made me stop and wonder if this
is because the versioning scheme is something that shouldn't be used, or
if it was because of a shortcoming in dh_make.  I tend to think the
latter, and think that a bug should be filed, but I'm asking because I
wanted to make sure I didn't just miss something here.

Comments?
|  Stephen Gran                  | If an experiment works, something has   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | gone wrong.                             |