Re: SML-NJ Package Names

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:08:19AM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> You might want to have a look at how this is done in ocaml (another
> ML implementation). In ocaml, the runtime system has been split off
> in order to accomodate application packages that are compiled into
> ocaml bytecode. Concerning developer packages it is probably not

For more detailed information you can also look at the debian ocaml
policy, available in the "ocaml" package with path
/usr/share/doc/ocaml/ocaml_packaging_policy.gz

BTW, our names choice was for "ocaml" for the compiler, "ocaml-base" for
the runtime system, "libfoo-ocaml" for the runtime part of a library
(needed to run a program that need to dynload some part of the library),
"libfoo-ocaml-dev" for the development part of a library.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  -  Undergraduate Student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/