Re: package building !

"n.v.t n.v.t" <joefso@hotmail.com> schrieb:

> Hi
>
> 1)
>
> After doing:
> " strace -f -o /tmp/log ./configure"
>
> and
>
> "for x in `dpkg -S $(grep open /tmp/log|perl -pe 's!.*
> open\(\"([^\"]*).*!$1!' |grep "^/"| sort | uniq| grep -v
> "^\(/tmp\|/dev\|/proc\)" ) 2>/dev/null|cut -f1 -d":"| sort | uniq`; do
> echo -n "$x (>=" `dpkg -s $x|grep ^Version|cut -f2 -d":"` "), "; done"
>
> I got:

[biigg list snipped]

> I already have installed all of these packages.
> What other ways are there to find out which packages your package
> needs to be built? What things could i do to resolve this problem?
> (Hints please)

Start in a clean minimal environment and try to compile the package with
what you think is needed (use pbuilder). Of course you only need to put
a package into Build-Depends if it is neither "Essential: yes" nor is
pulled in by other packages you have yet. That is, if foo depends on bar
and you have "Build-Depends: foo", you don't need "Build-Depends: foo,
bar" because when foo ist installed, bar is installed, too.

> 2)
>
> Another problem, I'm confused about this. What would be the valid way
> to version a cvs release, which doesn't have a release number in the
> source directory. It has on offical release which is available on the
> web page, it says:
>
> "Latest release version: 0.7.28-3"
>
> I renamed it to -0.7.28-3.cvs20031217 , is this valid? I tyred
> searching my apt cache by doing

The version you use has to be smaller than the next official release,
appending cvs-`date --iso-8601` is o.k. (or as you did without hyphens,
but be consistent.)

However, if you can avoid the dash. The dash should be used to delimit
the debian revision. Hm, don't know what policy and common practice says
about changing punctuation in upstream version numbers?

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie