Re: UTF-8 in copyright files?

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 07:01:37PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:

[snip]

> > It's probably a good additional point that most of the standard
> > character sets have no © symbol and that there is no legal basis for
> > "(C)" being a valid representation of it.

I always write

Copyright (C) 20xx David Weinehall

unless a real © is available, of course, in which case I write

Copyright © 20xx David Weinehall

instead...

[snip]

Of course, UTF-8 whereever possible is a nice goal to strive after,
and I think that the debian-specific files are a good place to start.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //