Package renaming and smooth upgrade

    Hi all,

 I'm working on the lib-dom-java package.
 I want to rename it to libdom1-java which is more Java-policy compliant.

 For smooth upgrade, I plan to transform the lib-dom-java package into a
dummy package depending on libdom1-java.

 I wonder if I can produce the lib-dom-java binary package from the
libdom1-java source package (in which case the Debian archive will
include two lib-dom-java binary packages between the libdom1-java
installation and the lib-dom-java source package removal) or if I must
keep the lib-dom-java source package independently of libdom1-java.

 Thanks in advance for your responses.

---
Nicolas Duboc <nicolas@duboc.net>