Re: RFS: libfilesys-smbclient-perl

On Friday 31 Oct 2003 19:51, Frank Küster wrote:
> Amit Shah <shahamit@gmx.net> schrieb:
> > The orig.tar.gz contains the directory renamed to
> > libfilesys-smbclient-1.4/. The original one had Filesys-SmbClient-1.4
> > as the directory. Should I replace the .orig.tar.gz? (There are no
> > other differences. The files are unchanged.)
>
> No, your orig.tar.gz is o.k. AFAIK. But you should explain what you did
> in README.Debian.

I just checked some packages. Some of them just the name of the tarball
changed, some of them have the directory changed too.

Example:
Just the name changed:
libdbd-mysql-perl
	http://packages.debian.org/unstable/perl/libdbd-mysql-perl.html

The directory renamed:
libnet-perl:
	 http://packages.debian.org/unstable/perl/libnet-perl.html
linneighborhood:
	http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/linneighborhood.html

Seems there aren't any rules which say what to follow. I checked the policy
manual and the developers' ref. manual, couldn't find anything which states
what's the convention.

Amit.
--
Amit Shah