Re: Orphaned Packages With Wrong Maintainer

Alexander Winston <alexander.winston@comcast.net> schrieb:

> Hi, I came across <URI:http://qa.debian.org/orphaned.html> yesterday and
> am interested in helping in any way that I can, but I am not a Debian
> developer and could not find any directions to follow in the
> documentation related to fixing bugs in orphaned packages.

If a package has a maintainer, you can provide patches. If it's
orphaned, you can try too and hope that perhaps somebody will do a
NMU. The best chance to get your work in, however, is probably to make
updated, corrected packages yourself and then look for a sponsor to
upload them.

Then you are the new maintainer, without being a Debian developer (like
me).

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie