Re: Debian Installer sends acknoledgements to uploader, doesn't it?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:23:19AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:53:45AM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2003-10-21 19:15]:
> > > Boggle. Your sponsor just signed something you'd built? Sponsors are
> > > supposed to build packages themselves, not accept binaries from
> > > elsewhere.
> >
> > He runs a m68k buildd, so building his packages again kind of defeats
> > the whole purpose...
>
> I'm not sure I'd ever considered the possibility of a non-developer
> running a buildd properly. Perhaps somebody else could be the buildd
> operator who does all the signing and uploading and Goswin could host
> and maintain it?
>
> (Or maybe this is already the case and I've just misunderstood.)

Or he could be made a DD, and all this discussion will be void.

I have really came to know him only since the oldenburg meeting a bit
less than a month ago, but i guess he would be no worse than our average
DD, and he has sure done more work in this last month that our average
DD does, especially on the debian-installer work.

Friendly,

Sven Luther