proper way to pack package from multiple sources?

Hi!

The syslog-ng package consists of two sources: syslog-ng itself, and
libol.
Now the packege is created by unpacking syslog-ng, dropping the libol
tar.gz into the source tree, and adding the debian dir.
It follows that either I build a package which looks like a native
debian package or dpkg-source complains about unrepresentable changes
to source.
I don't want to package libol separately, as it is deprecated:
it is used only by syslog-ng and bwall. The devel version of syslog-ng
does not use it, and bwall's only proxy (ck-gw) made obsolete by the
ZAS authentication method of Zorp.

Question: what is the proper way to package syslog-ng?

I was even thinking about converting libol.tar into quoted-printable:)

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból