Re: RFS: kbtin (try #2)

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:04:26AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Windows users typically use zMud and Mushclient, and among Unix people the
> most popular one is ancient tinyfugue -- dead upstream for 4 years

I'm sorry, but you've just tripped my FUD-o-meter.  TF is not dead upstream,
there was a release in May this year.  Sure, development isn't particularly
quick, but the current version suits my needs, so I'm not going to nip at
Hawkeye's heels to get a new one out.

> already.  There is a bunch of X-based clients, but according to data I can
> get using RFC 1091, hardly anyone is using them.  People seem to want a
> console/terminal based one, and there are no decent ones available.

Perchance you could modify TF to suit your needs?  Certainly better than
starting from scratch on your own, unless the TF code is mighty fugly.

> So... is anyone on debian-mentors who could check my one out?

If you were to tell us (or me, at least) why your one is unassailably
superior, and why you think that TF is dead upstream for 4 years, then there
might be more interest.

As it is, all I see is "I have a mud client I want to see in Debian", to
which pretty much any dedicated MUDder is going to say "why should I drop
TF, which I know and, well, know, for this one which I've never heard of?".
Without anyone else willing to use the package, nobody is going to sponsor
it.

- Matt