Re: backing up/replacing files from another package

* Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) [030901 11:20]:
> Eric Winger <ewinger@keyww.com> schrieb:
> > Can't I even "Depend" on a package and then fine tune its
> > configuration though?
>
> Look at
>
> http://people.debian.org/~ajt/sarge_rc_policy.txt
>
> ,----
> | 	Packages must not modify other packages' configuration files
> | 	except by an agreed upon APIs (eg, a /usr/sbin/update-foo command).
> `----

IIRC did this thread start with the question about company packages to
fine-tune debian. Such packages are not included in sarge, and there
are certainly a lot of things that such packages can do that would be
a RC bug for packages in sarge/main.

Cheers,
Andi
--