Re: Sponsor for spamass-milter

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 08:17:34PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Also, you'll need to build a new package with -1 as the Debian revision,
> > so that it will be processed normally.
>
> If you've already been developing the package, it makes more sense to
> use the appropriate flags to dpkg-buildpackage (namely -sa, and
> possibly -v if you want to excerpt more of the changelog) than it
> does to have to mess about with version numbering just for the
> benefit of an upload.

Yeah, that's actually what I ended up doing (using -sa), rather than
changing the versioning. (You may have run across me asking about it
on #debian-devel.)

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Jules Bean

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu