Re: Sponsor for spamass-milter

This one time, at band camp, Don Armstrong said:
> I'm looking for a sponsor of spamass-milter:
>
> Package: spamass-milter
>  A sendmail milter used to filter mail through spamassassin (spamc)
>  early in the delivery process. Enables site wide filtering through
>  spamassassin without speed penalties incured by setting up and
>  tearing down procmail processes for each e-mail.
>  .
>   - Administrator (or user) specified rejection threshold
>   - User specific spamassassin settings
>   - Header-only modification
>  Homepage: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/spamass-milt/
>
> Packages are available at http://rzlab.ucr.edu/debian/spamass-milter/
>
> The ITP bug is #179105. 0.2.0-3 is actually what I'm looking for a
> sponsor for, instead of 0.1.3a listed in the ITP.

steve@gashuffer:~$ lintian -i source/pbuilder/sid/result/spamass-milter_0.2.0-3_i386.changes
W: spamass-milter source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.guess 2001-08-21
N:
N:   The referenced file has a time stamp older than year 2002. This
N:   usually means that the source package will not work correctly on all
N:   currently released architectures.
N:
W: spamass-milter source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config.sub 2001-08-13

steve@gashuffer:~$ linda -i source/pbuilder/sid/result/spamass-milter_0.2.0-3_i386.changes
W: spamass-milter; The file config.guess contains a timestamp line that is less than 2002.
W: spamass-milter; The file config.sub contains a timestamp line that is less than 2002.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.  The above error may mean build
problems on non-i386 arches, but I haven't tested that yet.  I can do
some preliminary testing if you want, but I'd prefer that that you just
updated config.{sub,guess} either manually, or with a line in debian/rules
and a build-depends on autotools.

I don't, as a rule, use sendmail, but I am forced to at one site
(management, ah they are great :), and this would be helpful to me, so I
am willing to work with you on this one, if you like.  Feel free to
respond to me privately, I am only sending this to -mentors so others
know that you have an offer.

Also, you'll need to build a new package with -1 as the Debian revision,
so that it will be processed normally.  I've found that starting a new
package with numbers like 0.2.0-0.1 is the easiest, as I can then just
merge all the changes, and release as -1.  Let me know when you've got it
done, or if you've found someone else.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |