Re: RFS agrep

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:04:46PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> schrieb:
> > mizar:[~] apt-cache show agrep G Section
> > Section: non-free/text
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-resources.en.html#s4.6.1
>
> So what? In the first sentence quoted, "in Debian" is clearly not meant
> in that sense. Still a package named agrep is in Debian's non-free
> repository, can be installed via the debian-package management tools,
> can probably be found on some CD's named "Debian", is covered by the BTS
> and so on.

This kind of misinformation is exactly why we would be better off without
non-free.  If you had bothered to do some trivial research, you would
already know that non-free would never be on a Debian CD, and that some of
the packages in non-free are there exactly because their redistribution is
restricted.

> So, is this program the same as the one referred to in the subject?

It makes no difference to me.

--
 - mdz