Re: Documentation

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:22:04AM +0000, Michelle Ribeiro wrote:
> My package upstream's have a doc, about the package installation and
> configuration at LDP. So, this doc is also in the doc-linux-html
> package.
>
> Should I release the doc html and txt version with my package? Make
> doc-linux-html a dependency doesn't seems good to me due the size.

No, indeed, don't depend on doc-linux-html.

I suggest just shipping it yourself. That's a reasonable enough thing to
do: it won't necessarily be obvious to a user how to find documentation
for your package in the whole mass of doc-linux-html, and it will keep
the version of your documentation in sync with the rest of your package.
The documentation probably isn't large enough to make a huge impact.

Alternatively, you could suggest doc-linux-html and provide a pointer to
the exact location of the document, but I advise against that as the
exact location may change without a great deal of notice.

Cheers,