Re: How to figure out the correct build-dependencies?

Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote*:
>>> Of course if I use some utilities not in build-essential, I have to know
>>> that myself and put them there. But what about libraries? Can I just
>>> assume that for every library in the Dependencies of my binary package,
>>> I need the respective libfoo-dev in Build-Dependencies?
>> More or less, yes.
>What would be a case of "less"?
Aside from obvious cases where libfoo123c102 has libfoo-dev, I have the impression
that sometimes a more complicated pattern is called for (IIRC libc needed to be
"libc6-dev | libc-dev" due to libc6.1-dev being the default on some architectures -
don't know whet the present state of this is, though).

Cheers

T.