Please help: libsigcx not moving into testing

[CC'ed debian-mentors, as I'm really clueless here]

Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>

> It seems your package libsigcx prevents libsigc++ and some packages
> depending on it from moving into testing. Can you please look into
> this issue ?
>
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libsigc%2B%2B-1.2&expand=1

I've wondered about this, too and I don't quite understand why
libsigcx isn't going into testing, since I really don't grok this one:

http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=libsigcx&expand=1

What strikes me is this (from above URL):

,----
| Updating libsigcx makes 4 packages uninstallable on alpha: libsigcx-0.6-1, libsigcx-0.6-dev, libsigcx-gtk-0.6-1, libsigcx-gtk-0.6-dev
|
|     * libsigcx-0.6-1 has no testing candidate
|     * libsigcx-0.6-dev has no testing candidate
|     * libsigcx-gtk-0.6-1 has no testing candidate
|     * libsigcx-gtk-0.6-dev has no testing candidate
`----

So how can libsigcx break it's own binary packages (libsigcx-0.6-1,
libsigcx-0.6-dev, ...), which aren't even in testing yet:

,----
| rotty@auric:~% madison libsigcx-0.6-1 libsigcx-0.6-dev libsigcx-gtk-0.6-1 libsigcx-gtk-0.6-dev | grep testing
| rotty@auric:~%
`----

And furthermore: Why do they have no testing canditate?

Any help really appreciated.

Regards,
         Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc

Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend.