ncurses

I am doin some ncurses stuff for ed the line editor to make it print
screens of text as well as lines I am getting undefind references to
main.c:1676: undefined reference to `tparam'
I have included termcap.h and ncurses.h and the ncurses libray hasbeen
recognized as well as the termcap stuff has been mentioned.
Where  do I find the needed function tparam.
A version of ed with some of the enhancements is avalible from:
www.hurontel.on.ca/~barryp/ed/ The .orig.tar.gz file is unchanged. I
have left the version number the same until i have completed the ability
of ed to determin the number of lines on the screen.
I have added `I' insert a file above the cursor instead of at the end
it takes the same suffix as `r' I have also added `S' which lets ed
shell to bash to give it a limited system shell I wasn't sure whether sh
would be appropriate.
There is also `U' and `D'
which cause ed to print -24 lines or _+24lines to the screen
I would like to eventuly have ed recognize the up and down arrows as
well as the page up and page down This would speed up editing a great
amount.
Thanks:
Barry