advice on closing bugs

I recently adopted several packages (jade, openjade, opensp) and several of
the open bugs were fixed by NMUs, so they have "fixed" tags.  I think all I
need to do is send an email to nnn-done@bugs.debian.org that says, "This bug
was fixed in the NMU of version 1.2.1-29.3.  The fix has been propagated to
the latest version, 1.2.1-32.  So, as the new maintainer of the package, I am
closing the bug".  Do I need to say any more?

(I probably wouldn't have asked if there hadn't been so much recent flamage on
-devel about closing bugs.)

--
Neil Roeth