Re: how to handle updated .gmo translation file?

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 09:34:17AM -0400, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> I have a bit of a problem applying the updated Danish .po file from
> bug # 170562.  Once I copy the new da.po file into the po/ directory
> and run "fakeroot debian/rules binary", a new da.gmo file is created,
> but it is not deleted by "fakeroot debian/rules clean".  Then, of
> course, running "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" dies with the error
> message
>
> dpkg-source: cannot represent change to po/da.gmo: binary file contents changed
>
> How should I handle this?  If I delete po/*.gmo files in the
> debian/rules clean target, I expect I will get the same error for
> every *.gmo file (since then all of them would exist in the
> .orig.tar.gz tarball but not in the Debian source package).

Deleting a file from the Debian source package that's in the
.orig.tar.gz just gets you a warning, not a fatal error, so you could do
that. Alternatively, you could move the original version aside in the
build target and move it back in clean.

Cheers,