how to handle updated .gmo translation file?

Hi all,
I have a bit of a problem applying the updated Danish .po file from bug #
170562.  Once I copy the new da.po file into the po/ directory and run
"fakeroot debian/rules binary", a new da.gmo file is created, but it is
not deleted by "fakeroot debian/rules clean".  Then, of course, running
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" dies with the error message

dpkg-source: cannot represent change to po/da.gmo: binary file contents changed

How should I handle this?  If I delete po/*.gmo files in the debian/rules
clean target, I expect I will get the same error for every *.gmo file
(since then all of them would exist in the .orig.tar.gz tarball but not in
the Debian source package).  Is there a better way than to delete the .gmo
files from the original source package?

thanks,

--
Kevin McCarty                Physics Department
kmccarty@princeton.edu       Princeton University