Re: The Debian Mentors Project

Hi,

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Christoph Haas wrote:

> Hi, Fabio...
>
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:16:38PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > Really nice job but the first side effect is already there:
> >
> > Package: icaclient
>
> Thanks for the hint. That was a test package I was uploading to stress
> test the dupload process on the server. It wasn't really meant to stay
> there. :)

ehhe well i had no way to know :-)

> > I think upload must be moderated somehow.
>
> Let's see. I hope that the users are not misusing our server to upload
> pornography or warez. In fact we are checking the uploads in regular
> intervals and will kick those users and their packages out. A completely
> moderated dupload process will IMHO slow the whole process down.

Then i think that the suggestion made in another post to somehow limit the
download would be enough. In this way there will be noway to redistribute
illegal stuff around and people will not be tempted to do so from the
beginning.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html