Re: webCDwriter: Native vs. Non-native package

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 12:53:16AM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
[...]
> *Since the program needs some SUID executables I do two things:
> - tell the user to run 'dpkg-reconfigure cdrecord' to enable recording for
> unprivileged users; warn about security implications
> - chown root.cdrom; chmod 4750 /usr/bin/{setScheduler,CDWverify} in the
> postinst, so that lintian does not give a warning.
[...]

Won't the program work if the devices (sr* and the corresponding
/dev/sg-device) are rw for the user webCDwriter runs as?

I probably wouldn't try to make the required change - finding the
correct sg-device (with scsitools?) and changing it 0660 root:cdrom -
automatically, but just document it.
                  cu andreas