webCDwriter: Native vs. Non-native package

Hi all,

I have recently packaged webCDwriter [ http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/jhaeger/webCDwriter/ ] ( Closes: #98594 ), but I have some questions to solve before i can ask my sponsor to upload it for me to the archive. He suggested me to ask here.

[ I will leave some policy-related questions for a later mail ]

* Even though the upstream sources contain no debian subdirectory,
	dpkg-buildpackage says it is creating a Debian-native package,
	and thus creates no .diif.gz containing my debian subdirectory.

I have put packagename-version.orig.tar.gz in the parent directory, per the manual pages/howto/.. [can't remember now]

What else should I do ?

*Since the program needs some SUID executables I do two things:
- tell the user to run 'dpkg-reconfigure cdrecord' to enable recording for unprivileged users; warn about security implications - chown root.cdrom; chmod 4750 /usr/bin/{setScheduler,CDWverify} in the postinst, so that lintian does not give a warning.

*I have been testing the package for about a month now, and it seems to work perfectly: install, upgrade, remove, purge behave as expected.

The binary package can be downloaded from:
http://devel.adv-solutions.net/debian stable main
( compiled for Woody, runs in Sid )

TIA

Regards,