Re: debian native and CVS

Bill Allombert wrote:
> What is the best way to handle native Debian packages under CVS?
> The problem is to avoid the CVS directories going in the tarball.

The clean way is build from an exported tree using cvs-buildpackage.
AFAIK it works the same for native as for non-native packages.

The quicker, hackier way is dpkg-buildpackage -I plus maybe
DH_ALWAYS_EXCLUDE=CVS if you use debhelper and if CVS directories manage
to creep into the .deb. This works for me, it is a hack though.

--
see shy jo