Re: Perl example scripts

> I am packaging the Net::NBName module from CPAN.  This module contains
> some example scripts which are installed using the 'EXE_FILES' option
> to MakeMaker.  Should I install these in /usr/bin,
> /usr/share/doc/examples or not at all?  (And if not /usr/bin, how
> should I change their installation location?)

I think that last time I asked this, the consensus was to put examples
in the /usr/share/<package>/doc/examples directory.

Read up on dh_install for a good way to move files around.  If you're
looking for an example package using dh_install, you can check out xmltv
(for xmltv, I split files among three binary packages, but you'll get
the idea).

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org>