Re: Anyone up for a spot of sponsorship? (and perchance advocacy?)

Liyang HU <liyang@nerv.cx> wrote:
> I've been using Debian for quite a few years now, and felt for a long
> time that I ought to contribute back to such a wonderful project. ^_^
> I've been programming on and off (as a hobby, really. I'm still
> a student) for much much longer than that though.
>
> I was wondering if anyone would be willing to sponsor either or both of
> yydecode[0]
[...]

Hello,
There is already a package with this name in the archive:

*prompt* apt-cache show yydecode
Package: yydecode
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: Itai Zukerman <zukerman@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.2.7-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Filename: pool/main/y/yydecode/yydecode_0.2.7-1_i386.deb
Size: 13402
MD5sum: b4f75ea31a8b04da0d8e52105482f77e
 yydecode works almost identically to the infamous uudecode program, but
 for yEnc encoded archives.

Is your package related to this one, how does it compare it? BTW recent
versions of uudeview can also decode yy.
               cu andreas