Re: debhelper upgrade makes lintian complain?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 07:43:53PM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Now lintian complains:
>
> W: netenv: prerm-does-not-remove-usr-doc-link
> W: netenv: postinst-does-not-set-usr-doc-link
>
> Formerly, the respective links where set by parts that dh_installdocs
> put into postinst and prerm.
>
> Did I do something wrong, or is this due to the debhelper upgrade?

The latter.

> Is this link now obsolete?

Yes. See the last changelog entry for debian-policy 3.5.7.0.

> And if the latter is true, do I need an upgraded lintian as well?

If you like, but presumably if you're building on a semi-hacked-up woody
system you aren't building packages for upload anyway, so you don't
necessarily have to worry too much about complying with the letter of
policy.

Cheers,