pbuilder - how to use existing apt cache?

Hello everyone,

I think this question has been answered here before. However, I could
not find it in the list archives:

Since I'm behind a 64-k ISDN line, I would like pbuilder to use cached
packages from /var/cache/apt/archives, if available instead of
unconditionally downloading all the stuff. But unfortunately,
/var/cache/apt/archives doesn't seem to be accessible from within the
chroot.

Well, I could run dpkg-scanpackages on /var/cache/apt/archives and make
the files available through a local web server which then could be added
to the pbuilderrc as OTHERMIRROR. But wouldn't pbuilder try MIRRORSITE
first anyway, so that OTHERMIRROR remains completely unused?

Is there a 'canonical' way to achive what I'm asking for?

Thanks,

Johannes
--
~/.signature under construction