Re: Help with RC bugs

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 06:48:55PM -0300, Leo Costela Antunes wrote:
> SECOND (#184431): what's the best practice with packages that have a
> *-gnome (1.2) version that requires applet support? Now that gnome 1.2
> support is gone for the panel and applets in unstable, should I just
> stop uploading new versions of the -gnome package to it?

stop uploading the panel applet and file a bug against ftp.debian.org
asking for its removal.

> Maybe libpanel-applet0 should remain on unstable just to keep gnome1.2
> apps running, or is it the plan to force gnome1.2 apps into gnome2?

libpanel-applet0 doesnt even exist in unstable anymore, and even if it
did, it would be no use, since there is no coresponding gnome 1.4 panel
to use it with.

the best thing to do would be to talk to upstream about converting the
app to gtk+ 2.

> THIRD and last: should I bump the changelog's urgency about this bugs?
> (the next upload will also be recompiled against libsigc++c102/gcc3.2)

probably not, i think higher urgencies are only for security updates and
what not.

--
gram