Re: RFC: Merging sponsoring system with wnpp

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:23:48PM -0500, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> Does this mean that I have convinced you as to the merits of this
> proposal (ie. using WNPP for sponsorship requests)?

Not necessarily, but I don't have time to get into an argument about it.
:) My feelings are mostly grounded in aesthetic concerns anyway, and if
we come up with a better solution later there's nothing to stop us
migrating to it.

You should review bug #151949 and the discussions on -mentors and
-newmaint around that time.

> > FWIW, the BTS admins have no stake in this. wnpp is just another
> > pseudo-package as far as we're concerned. I think the implementation of
> > any changes there is up to debian-www.
>
> Okay, point taken.  Maybe I should repost the proposal on
> debian-www@l.d.o and gauge the reaction there... While we're on the
> topic, who would need to be asked to modify the wnpp emails to include
> the RFS category? the list-admins?

Marcelo Magallon maintains that (so probably should be asked about the
web implementation too).