Re: Testing pbuilt packages (Was: Is sid recommended?)

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 08:31:57AM -0800, Brett Cundal wrote:
> pbuilder has a login feature that allows me to get a shell inside the
> chroot, but I'm not sure how to get my package in there. I can copy it
> in from outside, but I belive the location of the chroot changes every
> time. It looks like all the hooks get called inside the chroot, so I
> suspect that won't work.

> Is there some other way to handle this automatically?

Yeah: get a decent chroot ;)

Seriously, with a nice net connection you can setup another (not
compressed) chroot with debootstrap in a matter of minutes for testing
stuff.

http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html is the canonical source of
information for this kind of problem.

Michael