Re: plugger

Bernard Blackham wrote:

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 03:16:31PM -0500, David Grant wrote:
To mentors,

I'd like to see mozplugger get into debian. Bastian (see below) the only one of us three who is a developer. Bastian, maybe you'd like to upload yours? If no, it would be cool if someone could please sponsor either Bernard or myself's package?

I have a sponsor ready to sponsor my package, so long as nobody else
has any problems with that. :)

My package (now mozplugger_1.1.1-2) has a few tweaks from upstream
(updated mozpluggerrc) and bugfixes for 64-bit archs (thanks to
Steve Langasek). I'm happy to either take the package or leave it to
somebody else if they really would like it.

If you have a sponsor, you can go ahead and see if he'll upload it. I don't think I want to maintain it because I'm a bit worried about the barage of bug reports I think this package will receive, and I don't want that to sap up all my free time.

If you need to debhelper-ify your package (is dmake deprecated?) then you can look at the files in the debian directory of my package. Also, I have a postrm and postinst script to handle plugin symlink for phoenix. It's a weak script, but it's a start. Other than that, our packages are the same.

--
David J. Grant
Masters Candidate