Re: manpages to different packages

David Grant wrote:

Hi,

I am the maintainer for the camserv and camserv-relay package (and my sponsor is Barak Pearlmutter). They are both built in the same tree however. But each has its own files in the debian directory such as camserv.files and camserv-relay.files, and camserv.docs and camserv-relay.docs.

I have just created two man pages called camserv.1 and camserv-relay.1. I have put the following line in my rules file:

dh_installman debian/camserv.1 debian/camserv-relay.1

But as of now, they are both getting installed in both packages. How do I get around this?

I have looked at the manpage of dh_installman as well as debhelper, and I thought this might work:

dh_installman -pcamserv debian/camserv.1
dh_installman -pcamserv-relay debian/camserv-relay.1

That didn't work, so then I also tried this:

dh_installman -pcamserv -Xcamserv-relay debian/camserv.1
dh_installman -pcamserv-relay -Xcamserv debian/camserv-relay.1

Okay, I think I've looked everywhere that I know of...can anyone fill in the blanks for me?

Thanks,

--

David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate