Re: k3b test package

On Friday 14 February 2003 04:24, Graham Wilson wrote:
> could you tell us some more about it first? also, the proper list for
> this sort of question is debian-mentors.

Thanks for pointing me to the right list!

You asked for more info, so here i go:

My intention in building that package was just to learn about that. I'm not
asking for getting a real sponsor (we'll see if that change in future... ;-)

k3b is a easy to use interface for tools like cdrecord, cdrdao, mkisofs and
others...

My package depends on KDE3.1, which is apt-getable via
deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1/Debian stable main

Be warned, that upgrading from KDE2.x to KDE3 is a bit tricky at the momemt,
read http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde/README on that topic

I just want to know if anybody is seeing something wrong with my package. For
example the Depends definition in control/debian: At the moment, i rely on
'${shlibs:Depends}' only. Is that enough? (k3b depends not on the tools
mentioned above, but they may be good candidates for 'Suggests:'

Something about my ./debian configuration:

I provide some basic (help2man) man pages. Sure, that could be improved.
I used dh_make and then change some of the files:

rules:
	./configure [...] --disable-rpath
	dh_installman debian/k3b.1 debian/k3bsetup.8

menu.ex:
	?package(k3b):needs=X11 section=Apps/Tools title="k3b" command="/usr/bin/k3b"

copyright:
	place holder substituted
	licence

changelog:
	place holder substituted

and finaly control :
	Source: k3b
	Section: utils
	 K3b is CD-writing software which intends to be feature-rich and provide an
	 easily usable interface for the command line programs cdrecord/mkisofs and
	 cdrdao.

README.Debian removed.

Any suggestions?

Best regards