Re: undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE and the autobuilders ...

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:30:23AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mit, 2003-02-12 at 09:44, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > I just uploaded a new version of my lablgl package yesterday, and all
> > autobuilder failed with :
> >
> > ocamlmktop  -I . -I +labltk -o lablgltop \
> >   labltk.cma lablgl.cma togl.cma
> > Error on dynamically loaded library: ./dlllablgl.so: undefined symbol: _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
> >
> > While it works fine for me on both my i386 box and on voltaire (ppc).
> >
> > I was told, that this seems to be a c++ issue, this symbol being
> > defined in libstdc++.so.5, in file codecvt.o or that this may be a
> > problem with binutils.
> >
> > Now, lablgl are just some OpenGL bindings for ocaml, which build depend
> > on the xmesalib-gl packages. It don't use C++, nor does any of the
> > xlibmesa packages seem to depend on the c++ libs, just plain libc6 and
> > xlibs.
>
> GLU is C++ though.

Ah, yes, didn't think about this.

But then, xlibmesa-glu-dev which i build depend on should pull in
libstdc++5-dev, right, and i have no need to personnally build depend on
it. After all it may be possible for someone to write a package
providing libglu-dev and not using C++. And there was a new
libstdc++5-dev upload on February 5.

So I guess it is a problem with libstdc++5-dev after all, but why on
hell does it work on voltaire and not on the autobuilders, i am a bit at
a loss.

I suppose i should fill a bug against libstdc++5-dev now, or is there
an autobuilder pseudo package or something such ?

> > Anyway, i am a bit at a loss as to what to do here, maybe it just is an
> > autobuilder problem, but i think there is no way to check what exactly
> > was installed on the autobuilders at the time of the build, and the
> > buildd logs didn't give me much more info.
>
> You could put a dpkg -l <interesting packages> in debian/rules?

Yes, that i could do, but i was thinking of veryfing without uploading a
new package.

Friendly,

Sven Luther