[OT?] Man pages

Hello,

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this question but I'll ask anywhoo. I am trying to write some man pages and am experiencing some wierdness. I pulled down the man mini-HOWTO from LDP and it says to try to use the font macros instead of the direct font operators. However, I have made a man page for printtool and if I use . BI which should be bold italics, I get bold underline. Any idea on what is going on there?

Thank you!

--
Barry deFreese
Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
winning." Rich Cook.