How to install images without getting executable-not-elf-or-script error?

Hi everyone,

I have a simple package with one binary and a bunch of images should go into "/usr/share/games/gav/themes/classic"

I basically modified the upstream Makefile, and changed the install target to look as follows:

install: all
install -d $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/games/gav/themes/classic
   install ./gav $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin
   install ./themes/classic/* $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/games/gav/themes/classic

I had actually changed the last line from something like "cp -r ./themes/* /usr/share/games/gav/themes", because I figured using install was more proper.

Lintian is complaining that files aren't ELF binaries:

W: gav: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/games/gav/themes/classic/background_big.png
N:
N:   This executable file is not an ELF format binary, and does not start
N:   with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts. It might be a sh
N:   script that fails to name /bin/sh as its shell.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 11.4 for details.
N:
W: gav: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/games/gav/themes/classic/ball.png
<snip>

I was just imitating what they do in the Debian New Maintainer's Guide for the case of icons, but I get these errors.

Thanks,

--

David J. Grant
M.A.Sc. Candidate