Re: packaging question: what to do about this file...

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:33:20PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> Well if the docs is already there things are quite set already.

> Well low is a good priority for such things, I think. Maybe a little
> higher if you think it is more important.

okay, i think low is acceptable for this.  now that i'm thinking about
it, they're probably going to have to read the docs anyway, and it's the
first thing in the documentation :)

> Well dpkg -S will tell you that so that is not a big problem.
> You should not copy the file in there by a postinst. If you do that
> you will confuse people a lot. :)

that's what i would have been doing, because if i didn't it would silently
overwrite anything they already had there, so i was doing this complicated
if [ -f foo ] type crap, and then possibly cat >>'ing from somewhere in
/usr/share... (like i said, sketchy...)

> Anyway. I'm interested in the package and will probably test it
> soon. I just have to get some time to spare on it.

okay, thanks.  when i get around to finishing it off, i'll post it to
-devel for comments and rfs it.

thanks
	sean